OPEN CALL Dose 08
From 12am of November 24th to 11:59pm December 13th.
Conditions of participation:
– You must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: OPEN CALL – DOSE 08;
– Submission of a link to an online portfolio, or in a pdf attached;
– Document with Bio + Descriptive paragraph about the artistic practice attached;
All artists will receive an answer to the application until the 20th of December.
Dose values all artistic work being produced at this moment in time, regardless of any position it may occupy within the artistic scene, or any label attached to either the work or the artist.
It is an art magazine – not a magazine about art. Despite being an accessible object, it does target a selective audience, as it favors the encompassing spectrum of the sensitive experience which art can provide, in opposition to theoretical reflections about the artwork.
– Dose issues biannually, compiling the work of twelve artists in each publication. The artists are invited to develop a project that can be explored in two spaces: that of the printed magazine, as well as on the magazine’s online version;
– Dose is monochrome, and its color changes with each edition;
– Dose chooses not to follow a specific theme – thus providing absolute liberty to the artists, the work process and results.